How to Choose a Heating System
What Are the Benefits of an Electric Furnace?
In Quebec, hydro-electric heating remains a winning solution, in particular because prices per kilowatt-hour (kWh) are among the lowest in Canada. There are many benefits to an electric furnace:
- Low-cost, easy-to-install heater;
- Safe, quiet, clean and odor-free system;
- Does not emit polluting particles;
- Can be connected to a heat pump to increase electricity savings;
- And much more.
Our advice: If your home is already equipped with a forced-air distribution system, an electric furnace is a good choice. Opt for a furnace with an electronically commutated motor (ECM) for better air quality and superior moisture management.
What Are the Benefits of a Gas Furnace?
The gas furnace is an option to consider if you are looking for a high-efficiency heating system. Among the benefits of a gas furnace are the following:
- Energy efficiency up to 98%;
- Soft heat;
- Constant air circulation;
- Accurate temperature management;
- And more.
Our advice: Do business with a heating specialist to determine the capacity of your gas furnace. Know that a very powerful and expensive device is not always the best solution.
What to Consider When Buying a Heating System
Before buying heating equipment, consider the following elements:
- Insulation and living area of your home;
- Cost of purchase AND installation;
- Energy efficiency;
- Performance of equipment;
- Maintenance costs;
- Cleanliness of the system;
- Noise level.
You can count on our expertise for heating solutions that are adapted to your needs and your budget. Contact us today: at Air Specialist Inc., we have been providing quality services for more than 25 years! Call us now for a free estimate.